As the year changes, so does the list of anticipated games. Music lovers have the Grammys. Movie lovers have the Oscars. TV lovers have their Emmys. But, Gamers we have something just as great! We have the list of video games to watch out for. Finally, something we can be excited about. So, without further ado, here are the list of the most anticipated video games of 2014.
- Destiny: Developed by the one and only Bungie. The release date is September 9th (so far away!!). In the game, there are 3 classes: Titan, Hunter or Warlock. The players have the option to play solo, multiplayer, or competitive missions. The supported consoles are PS4, Xbox One, PS3, and Xbox 360.
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Developed by Zenimax Online Studios. The release date is April 4th. This game has been making a lot of buzz in the gaming community. The game places the players in the world of Tamriel 1,000 years before the events of Bethesda’s 2011 hit The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. If you’re worried that the game may change the Elder Scrolls style don’t worry. This game will borrow elements from the previous game, including the First Person Combat. The supported consoles are PC, MAC, PS4, and Xbox One.
- The Evil Within: Developed by Tango Gameworks. The release date is sometime in 2014. The mastermind behind Resident Evil, Shinji Mikami is back with this game. Like Resident Evil, The Evil Within is a survival horror game. The plot revolves around a police detective named Sebastian. He is trapped inside an insane asylum with a host of dangerous creatures. Mikami says the game will focus purely on survival. The supported consoles are PC, PS4, Xbox One, PS3, and Xbox 360.
- HALO: Developed by 343 Studios. The release date is some point in 2014. There is no official word about the game only a teaser showing star Master Chief roaming through a desert. The supported console is Xbox One. Color me shocked.
- Infamous: Second Son: Developed by Sucker Punch. Release date is March 21. The game takes place in Seattle, where the player is Delsin Rowe. You have to protect yourself against the Department of Unified Protection, an agency tracking down conduits. The best part about the game is that the powers are endless thanks to Delsin’s ability to take the powers of other conduits. Supported console is PS4.
- Uncharted 4: Developed by Naughty Dog. Release date- funny you should ask about that. Naughty Dog isn’t telling us. The only thing gamers have to go on is the teaser trailer for the game. But, don’t worry Uncharted 4 is in good hands. Remember, Naughty Dog just came crafted what many considered the game of the year in 2013 with The Last of Us. The game will surely do great!
There you have it. Some of the games that will have gamers bouncing off the walls with anticipation. Almost makes up for the slow months in gaming. Almost.